Dynamic Module Loading Question

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Dynamic Module Loading Question
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:34:57 -0700

I have a question concerning the modules being dynamically loaded or
auto detected.  When I look in the log file, speech-dispatcher.log, I
see messages that every module known to speechd is being loaded even
though I don't use most of those synthesizers, Plus I have most of
them commented out in the speechd.conf file, and for that matter, I
get errors for the festival module and I don't have festival installed
on my machine anyway.

My questions are:
1. If autodetection is being used, then why do we still have the
AddModule commands in speechd?

2. What is supposed to happen when we really don't have those other
synths installed on our machines? Shouldn't those modules be ignored
and not installed?

I am not using AutoSpawn; I run at system startup in case that makes a
difference.