Thanks for Python 3! Orca now uses it.

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Thanks for Python 3! Orca now uses it.
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:01:30 +1000

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 02:23:40PM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:
> Yes, I also agree that a new version should be released very soon.  I
> maintain the newer git version of Orca (build scripts) for Arch Linux and I
> will now have to require people to use the git version of speech in order for
> the git version of orca to work properly.

A python 2 and a python 3 version will be maintained side by side for a while,
with the same features, so I suggest you stick to the GNOME 3.6 branch for now
till all of Orca's dependencies are ready for python 3.

That said, there certainly has been some significant changes since 0.7.1, so we
should consider getting a new speech-dispatcher release out. FOr the moment,
I've patched the speech-dispatcher package in Ubuntu 12.10 and later to use
python 3, since Orca is the only consumer of the python bindings in the Ubuntu
archive at least.

Luke