Why doesn't my TTS receive CMD: <STOP>

From: Cameron Wong
Subject: Why doesn't my TTS receive CMD: <STOP>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:26:25 +0800

Hi developers of speechd,

I am the author of Ekho TTS (http://www.eguidedog.net/ekho.php), which
supports Chinese and Tibetan.

I am implementing an interface for speechd basing on speechd-0.7.1 on
Ubuntu 12.04. Most of the code are copied from flite.cc

It can speak some queued texts in Orca but it cannot stop by any action
including CTRL. All texts must be spoken even I have cliked "quit" button
of Orca. I check ~/.speech-dispatcher/log/ekho.log and find no "CMD:
<STOP>" which appears in flite.log

My understanding is: most click and keypress will stop current speech (send
out "CMD: <STOP>") and create a new speech. Why doesn't my TTS receive any?
Do I mis-understand anything?

Could someone give me some suggestion on debugging this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Cameron