Cotovia in Speech Dispatcher

From: Carmen Magariños Iglesias
Subject: Cotovia in Speech Dispatcher
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:08:01 +0100

Hello.

Cotovia is a text-to-speech system for Galician and Spanish languages
developed by the Multimedia Technologies Group at the University of Vigo
(Spain) and the Center 'Ram?n Pi?eiro' for Research in Humanities.

We want to integrate Cotovia in Speech Dispatcher for using Orca with our
voices. We have developed a module, called "cotovia-sd", that performs the
integration and it works, but there is a problem with the speaker's
selection in Orca. We have two possible speakers: Iago and Sabela but,
taking into account the languages, we finally have four options: *iago (es)*,
*sabela (es)*, *iago (gl)* and *sabela (gl)*. The problem is when you
select a speaker in Galician language because, although the language
changes, the selection in Orca's options don't. For example, if you
select *iago
(gl)* in Orca's options, it appears like if you had selected *iago
(es)*and the same occurs for
*sabela (gl)*.

In the following link you can found the Debian packages and the source code
of Cotovia, including for "cotovia-sd":

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cotovia/files/?source=navbar

We thanks any help you can give.

Regards,