Debugging speechd-el network communication

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Debugging speechd-el network communication
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:14:47 +0200

    LP> To start with something, I implemented a very simple loop, which
    LP> only sends the "200 OK" reply for every command it receives.

[...]

    LP> But when I run my server, I hear a message like "flet is
    LP> obsolete blabla",

These are messages reported about the loaded speechd-el code.  This is
normal.

    LP> and then emacs ceases to respond.  From my program's point of
    LP> view, the server is blocked on line where it wants to read the
    LP> next command from speechd-el.

Maybe the plain "200 OK" answer is not the expected answer for a
particular request.  What are the last SSIP commands issued by
speechd-el and the server answers before the freeze?

    LP> Yet one last thing, I somehow, probably "by accident" pressed
    LP> C-u and then M-x speechd-speak RET.  In this situation it worked
    LP> better, at least it communicated with the server.

Do you mean you were able to perform the command during the "freeze"?