I would love to help document Speech Dispatcher APIs

From: Roy Harper
Subject: I would love to help document Speech Dispatcher APIs
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 17:53:59 -0800

Hello there,

I have been following the speechd email list for a week or so, and I
thought you guys might be able to answer my question. Or, perhaps, you
could point me to someone who could.

How can I help document the Speech Dispatcher APIs? And, potentially, the
QtSpeech APIs, since some on the list may have connections to that project?

I have been a programmer writer at Microsoft for the last ten years, so I
have some familiarity with writing docs for a developer audience. And I
have a definite passion for text-to-speech technologies -- I wrote a TTS
program in C#/.NET to help a friend who temporarily lost his voice. How
could I get started on adding clear and accessible developer docs for this
feature?

Any help and/or pointers you could give would be delightfully welcome.

-- Roy Harper

For reference, here is a list of some of my writing samples.

Conceptual:

Run Startup Tasks in Azure:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150324114404/https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh180155.aspx
Best Practices for Startup Tasks:
https://web.archive.org/web/20141228120019/http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/jj129545.aspx

Procedural:

Make a Startup Task Perform Different Actions on the Compute Emulator and
the Cloud:
https://web.archive.org/web/20141111035329/http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh974417.aspx
Use Local Storage to Store Files During Startup:
https://web.archive.org/web/20141224074703/http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh974419.aspx

How to: Create a Diagnostic Data Adapter:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286737.aspx
Creating a Diagnostic Data Adapter to Collect Custom Data or Affect a Test
Machine: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286727.aspx

Reference:

Get Service Types (REST API):
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn707645.aspx
Get the health of a node by using a health policy:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn707665.aspx
Actually, just about everything under Service Fabric REST API Reference:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn707692.aspx

WebSecurity Class:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/webmatrix.webdata.websecurity%28v=vs.99%29.aspx

Older docs:
Windows Azure Blob Service REST API, List Containers:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/dd179352.aspx
ASP.NET <http://asp.net/> Web Pages with Razor Syntax

(From April 11, 2011) Understanding Windows Azure CDN Billing:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/04/11/understanding-windows-azure-cdn-billing.aspx

(Visual Studio 2010) How to: Generate a Coded UI Test by Recording the
Application Under Test:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286608%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

Team Foundation Server SDK
(Visual Studio 2008) Work Item Tracking Architecture:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/bb130320.aspx
(Visual Studio 2008) How to: Edit and Save a WorkItem:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/bb130323(v=vs.90).aspx