speechd-el customization

From: Peter Vágner
Subject: speechd-el customization
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:24:08 +0200

Hello,

I have understood nconc the way it is a bit more efficient as append as
it edits the first list in place.

Anyway I have now figured out what I was doing wrong. I have put all the
function names inside the quotes and those quotes should not be there.

Also I have finally learned how I can do the same thing by using easy
customizations.

There are several ways to open the buffer with corresponding settings so
I can either do:

M-x customize <ret>

Then I can browse to Enviromment and then to speechd-el and finally to
speechd-speak

M-x customize-group <ret> speechd-el <ret>

Then browse to speechd-speak

M-x customize-group <ret> speechd-speak <ret>

All these paths lead to the same customization group buffer.

Using the customization buffer is mostly intuitive i.e. the text in
square brackets corresponds to the buttons, we can press return on these
buttons, some of them reveal more content in the buffer. When editing
values, it is usually possible to edit them in place using standard
emacs editing commands.

Of course there's also an info page on easy-customization .

Thanks and greetings

Peter