Pico TTS module : how to use it ?

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Pico TTS module : how to use it ?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:16:09 +0100

Dear all,

I'm trying to use the Pico TTS voice with the proper speech-dispatcher
module. On the Pico generic module I cannot switch between Pico voices
with Orca, That's why I would like to be able to use the Pico module.

My test environment is an Ubuntu 17.04 up-to-date. The steps I followed
are :
1) Install speech-dispatcher-pico
2) Install all pico related package
3) Uncomment the line related to the pico module
4) Restart speech-dispatcher
5) Restart Orca

I obtain no sound output after that, Orca stays silent.

What did I forgot ? How to make the Pico module working ?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager