Fwd: Hello,

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Fwd: Hello,
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:44:29 +0200

Forwarded to the list.

Didier

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Hello,
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:37:41 +0200
From: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel
To: address@hidden
To: Didier Spaier

My personal opinion is that packager should create post script to
uncomment The line. Because non advanced users and also many other users
can be too lazy to read Speech-dispatcher config files. And in some
cases, even removing # from right line can cause, that some user will
remove other characters.
But I do not know, if it will not be complex for packagers to write this
post script. But it would be perfect solution, since it would bring more
user comfort related to voice. To be honest, I can imagine, that manz
users even do not know, how much free voices are on Ubuntu or Debian
repositories.
If zou would have some time and if zou could bring also Epos speech
synthesis system to some Ubuntu or Debian repositoryes. It is good
quality voice, may be, that it is not developed so modern Pulseaudio do
not work with it.
I will compile latest available Epos synthesis system and I will give it
A try with todays stable speech-dispatcher from Ubuntu ARM stable.
I hope, that compilation of this C program will not require recoding,
when I will not compile to X86 platform or X64.
Thank you very much, that you are working on Speech-dispatcher development.