Bug in espeak-generic.conf + proposal to select espeak-ng voices includi

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Bug in espeak-generic.conf + proposal to select espeak-ng voices including variants
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 11:20:08 +0100

Hello,

Sorry for the empty previous post, I did hit the send button before
writing the content.

Here goes:

In espeak-generic.conf, line #31 instead of:
GenericPunctNone ""
please write
GenericPunctNone " "
else the module fails

Also, I have a proposal to allow sending a subset of espeak+variants
voice list in order to speed up its display by Orca.

This could allow to actually show the voice list in Orca's preference
dialog, decreasing the number of lines to show in the Personn drop down
list.

The idea is to just provide a espeak-ng-generic conf file, list in it
all the voices+variants but adding a VoiceFileDependency line like e.g.
VoiceFileDependency /etc/espeak-ng-available-voice/$VOICE

Then the packager, user or distribution maintainer would just feed
/etc/espeak-ng-available-voice with empty files (we just test that the
file exists in module_utils_addvoice.c).

I hope that scanning a very big conf file is not too costly, anyway I
would test that, hoping that and as it's an executable it that would be
faster than executing a python script.

If you agree I could try to do that quickly, so it can be included in
0.9 as a workaround until we have a real solution for handling the
variants.

Thoughts?

Best,

Didier