Re: [orca-list] making Linux a hospitable place for TTS engines like Vox

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [orca-list] making Linux a hospitable place for TTS engines like Voxin
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:49:34 +0100

Hello,

Bill Cox, le dim. 10 janv. 2021 17:49:13 -0800, a ecrit:
> Would it be possible to include my meta-module, named speechsw.c, in the src/
> modules directory?

Sure, we can include this!

> I'm going to add a silence reduction algorithm as well,

We already have flite_strip_silence in flite.c, I believe we can rename
it and move it to module_utils.c so other modules can use it. The
conversion is not strictly trivial since flite_strip_silence moves the
track->samples pointer, but as long as the module keeps a pointer on the
original buffer to free it, that should just work fine.

I created
https://github.com/brailcom/speechd/issues/458
to track it.

> Would folks be OK with me using my meta-module as a testing ground for
> possible
> future enhancements to speech-dispathcer?

Yes, we'll have to try it with some module before applying changes to
other modules anyway.

Samuel