Re: Ivona Voices?

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: Re: Ivona Voices?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 17:59:54 -0600

I'm curious now about ivona. How/where would one purchase acquire it? googling it seems Amazon may have bought Ivona to use with their Alexa system, the IVONA wikipedia article redirects to an amazon echo page.  I found this site also https://www.deskshare.com/text-to-speech-voices.aspx which lists individual voice purchase options, but I couldn't tell how you would use any of them since they are all windows exe downloads. Is there a definitive site that offers Ivona for purchase or download for linux? Lots of sites that do demos of the voices (presumably running the software on their web servers I guess) but I couldn't find any "purchase here and install this for linux" anywhere.

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 5:31 PM Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
Hello,

Chime Hart wrote:
> I would really love to find these Ivona voices for Linux

Anybody has Ivona installed on his machine? I would like to make the
Ivona speech dispatcher module migrated to server-side audio rendering,
but cannot test this myself, I'd really rather see somebody test it
before I commit the change...

Samuel