Re: 0.11.0 rc2 beta release!

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: 0.11.0 rc2 beta release!
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 08:28:32 +0200

Hello,

(receiving this just now after my university mail server got broken for
the whole week-end)

Sebastian Humenda, le sam. 19 juin 2021 12:53:31 +0200, a ecrit:
> Samuel Thibault schrieb am 16.06.2021, 23:55 +0200:
> >Things seem stable, so I'm doing an RC2 release for the 0.11.0 version.
> >Please test intensively, since it contains the move of audio play into
> >the server!
>
> What would be a good way to test speech-dispatcher and let BRLTTY / orca use
> it without disrupting the existing, working set up on my machine?

You can configure --prefix=/usr/local

Depending whether you start /usr/bin/spd-say or /usr/local/spd-say it's
one or the other that will get started, and then brltty/orca will use
it.

> As an alternative, would it be possible to have a packaged version of
> speech-dispatcher for Debian?

It is already available in experimental, yes.

Samuel