sshproxy

[sshproxy] sshproxy-0.3.3 is out and 0.4 on the way

From: David Guerizec
Subject: [sshproxy] sshproxy-0.3.3 is out and 0.4 on the way
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:18:27 +0200

Hello,

Here comes the release 0.3.3 of sshproxy.

You can download it at this URL:
http://penguin.fr/sshproxy/download/sshproxy-0.3.3.tar.gz

This is a bugfix release, and from now on, I will stick with the standard
release number scheme: M.m.r.
- M is the major release number, it changes when there is a massive rewrite of
  the code.
- m is the minor release number, it changes when new features are introduced.
- r is the revision number, it changes for bugfix releases only.

The bugs corrected in the 0.3.3 release are:

* Fixed the case where the remote command did not output anything.
  Fixed also the same potential bug on scp and shell proxying.

    When a remote command was invoked in CLI mode, if that command returned
    nothing the client hung until the server was killed.

* Fixed the case where multiple local files were given on the command line.

    This corrects the pscp shell wrapper to better handle multiple copy.

Next release will be 0.4 with some new great features:

* Plugins are now enabled from the configuration file.

* The database backend framework has been refactored to be able to handle
  different types of databases. This has led to the creation of a new simple
  file backend. Database backends are now standard plugins to allow
  modularized integration in distribution package managers.

* The sshproxy daemon will be renamed to sshproxyd, and an init script will be
  written. While I'm at it, I'll also rename the 'SSHproxy' module to
  'sshproxy', purely for aestetics.

* The setup.py installation script will be reworked out, basically to make it
  work, and to take into account the new plugin architecture.

Enjoy!

David