straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] about 0.20, 0.21

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] about 0.20, 0.21
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:31:24 +0200

(I'm always sending stuff meant for the mailing list to people - including
myself - privately. Evolution could be smarter. Jan, sorry for sending this to
you twice.)

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 11:52, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 11:15, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > Right, so 0.20 has been released, as you might have noticed.
>
> Hooray!
>
> > About 0.21: In the UI, I'm going to go back to Scott's changes and see
> > how I like them (I never got to try them out myself in the rush to get
> > 0.20 out.) In the code there are two things I'll try to focus on (we'll
> > see how much I actually get done): categories and refactoring the code.
> > Possibly in the other order. I want to get rid of some of the dependency
> > loops and other messes.
>
> I agree. I just want to suggest if we can separate the above into
> releases instead of putting them all into one release. The reason being
> is that some feature might take a while to implement/test and the more
> we release, the more we get more people to get involved and in the
> project.
>
> Having said that, doesn't mean that we can't develop in parallel. If
> some feature is not there yet, we can release what we have *now*, and
> hopefully try to get that feature in the next release.
>
> Hope that makes sense.

Yeah, absolutely. 0.20 took too long too thanks to me taking ages to do
the imagecache rework. Let's aim for a release one month from now. Not a
hard deadline or anything, but a goal to aim for. If, at that point, we
have something that a) improves on 0.20 b) that's not totally broken,
let's do a release.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]