straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Re: Straw 0.20 problem on Slackware 9.1

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: [Straw-devel] Re: Straw 0.20 problem on Slackware 9.1
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:22:46 +1100

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 20:07, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> Hi,
> here is the stdout. There are two problems with Straw:
> I fetched new headlines and Straw just doesn't update the headlines on the
> second view (it only successfully imported them the first time it ran,  now
> it doesn't wanna update that view). Clicking on any headline will not open
> anything on the third (gtkhml?) view (it is just a blank view all the time).
> bash-2.05b$ straw
> src/lib/LookupManager.py:11:?: No ADNS library found, using synchronous name
> lookups.
>
> (straw:16871): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:2781: widget `GnomeApp' has no
> activatable signal "delete_event" without arguments
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 325, in item_selection_changed
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 346, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/Main.py", line 149, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 767, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 108, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 159, in htmlify_item
> TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 325, in item_selection_changed
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 346, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/Main.py", line 149, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 767, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 108, in display_item
>   File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 159, in htmlify_item
> TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None

<snip>

> and it goes on and on and one with a similar error.

Hi,

Can you please run code below and tell us what the output is? That seems
to be causing the exception above. Apologies as I don't have slackware
here.

----
>>> import locale
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
----

Thanks a lot.

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"