straw-devel

[Straw-devel] segfault when starting - prob with mxDateTime ?

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: [Straw-devel] segfault when starting - prob with mxDateTime ?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:54:34 -0000

Hi everybody,

I just went through the pain to fulfill all dependencies ;) but
straw isn't working...:

address@hidden:~> straw
Segmentation fault

So I ran it through gdb (not sure this is any good):

address@hidden:~> gdb /usr/bin/python
GNU gdb 5.3
(gdb) run /usr/gnome2/bin/straw
Starting program: /usr/bin/python /usr/gnome2/bin/straw
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 27587)]

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 27587)]
mxDateTime_FromDateAndTime (year=1, month=1, day=1, hour=1,
minute=1, second=0)
    at mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime.c:333
333             _Py_NewReference(datetime);
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb)

Issuing a "bt" here, gives about 4 pages of data, so I'll only
include it if someone is interested.

Anyway, something wrong with my language settings ?

address@hidden:~> locale
LANG=POSIX
address@hidden
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

Maybe something wrong with my mxDateTime ? Is that function
FromDateAndTime called with wrong parameters ?

I have python-2.3.1 and egenix-mx-base-2.0.5 installed.

The rest of concerned software (order of README):
1. python-2.3.1
2. adns-python-1.0.0
3. db-4.1.25
4. pygtk-2.0.0
5. gnome-python-2.0.0
6. pyorbit-2.0.0
7. libglade-2.0.1
8. mxDateTime from egenix-mx-base-2.0.5
9. pyxml-0.8.3

Any hint is really appreciated, I'd like to get the beast running :)

Regards,
Marc

PS: Please cc: me, because I'm not yet subscribed to this ML.