straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release

From: Jeremy Messenger
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:30:31 -0600

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:50:25 +0000, Alastair Tse <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I'm one of the maintainers for Straw on Gentoo Linux.

Here maintainer for FreeBSD ports..

I just have a couple of questions about recent straw releases:

1. Is there a reason why 0.21.2 is in directory straw/ rather than
straw-0.21.2/ like the previous releases?

It might be accident, but if not then I would like to see version to be include again in future version too.

2. In straw-0.21.2, can the "install-schemas" target be triggered only
during 'make install' rather than 'make all'?

3. Since 0.21.x, I've been unable to open two older ~/.straw/config from
0.18 and one from 0.20. Is there supposed to be compatibility between
releases? If so, I'll report a bug on savannah.

4. I notice that straw still has python2.2 hardcoded. Are there reports
of problems running on python-2.3, or is it just that not much testing
has been done on 2.3?

It works perfect here with 2.3.. I had to create the patches for this, which can be found over at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/straw/files/.

Finally, thanks for your hard work.

Agree, glad that it can work without ADNS.

Cheers,
Mezz

Thanks,

--