straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:58:21 +1100

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 06:30, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > 1. Is there a reason why 0.21.2 is in directory straw/ rather than
> > straw-0.21.2/ like the previous releases?
>
> It might be accident, but if not then I would like to see version to be
> include again in future version too.

Yes, it is by accident. Sorry, my mistake.

> > 2. In straw-0.21.2, can the "install-schemas" target be triggered only
> > during 'make install' rather than 'make all'?

yep. that makes more sense.

> > 3. Since 0.21.x, I've been unable to open two older ~/.straw/config from
> > 0.18 and one from 0.20. Is there supposed to be compatibility between
> > releases? If so, I'll report a bug on savannah.

When GConf was introduced, straw migrates the old settings (which was in
'config' then) to GConf and delete those references afterwards. What
that means is that you can't go back from post-GConf to pre-GConf.

As for 0.21, we did a bit of refactoring there and it might've broked
some stuff.

> > 4. I notice that straw still has python2.2 hardcoded. Are there reports
> > of problems running on python-2.3, or is it just that not much testing
> > has been done on 2.3?

straw works fine in 2.3. python 2.2 is just the default.

> It works perfect here with 2.3.. I had to create the patches for this,
> which can be found over at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/straw/files/.

Oh thanks mezz. I admit i'm not familiar with Makefiles so this helps a
lot! Thanks.
--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"