straw-devel

[Straw-devel] and a bit more about the representation of categories in t

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] and a bit more about the representation of categories in the treeview
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:52:32 +0200

Now, if we stick with the current display, a bit more about the
representation of categories in the treeview:

Should their names be in boldface if there are feeds under them that
have unread items?

Should they have a total-unread of all their children associated with
them? Now we have:

Category1
  Subscription1 (10)
  Subscription2 (5)

Should we have:

Category1 (15)
  Subscription1 (10)
  Subscription2 (5)

Would that make things more or less clear?

Oh yeah, and a bit related to that, just to document the code a bit
(there's a comment for this in the class FeedListView too, though):

At the moment - that is, since yesterday evening - Straw ignores the
first feed selection made, because with the current Gtk+, it's a false
signal pointing at the first row, generated by Gtk+ when the user clicks
any row at all for the first time. Of course we properly react to the
second feed selection, because that's the one the user *really* made.
The user notices nothing.

And once/if this bug is fixed in Gtk+, it will result in weird
behaviour.

Just so you know.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]