straw-devel

[Straw-devel] straw in arch

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] straw in arch
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:28:15 +0200

Straw has entered the wonderful world of Arch. Or at least has one foot
in the door. We'll see how this goes.

My archive:

address@hidden

A read-only mirror, hopefully a working one:

http://www.iki.fi/juri/arch/2003a

The current main development branch:

straw--mainline--0.22

So what you'll want to do is something like this:

$ tla register-archive address@hidden http://www.iki.fi/juri/arch/
$ tla get address@hidden/straw--mainline--0.22

I think.

I'm using tla 0.11pre9 here, as the tutorial (find it via
http://arch.fifthvision.net/) was assuming it. BTW, for whatever reason,
the files available through http://regexps.srparish.net/src/tla didn't
work for me - gzip reported crc errors - but
http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/releases/tla did. YMMV.

If you've never used arch/tla before, the tutorial is an ok
introduction, although apparently out of date or incorrect in places:
one mistake I ran into was that in the section about mirroring, it was
using only the email address for archive names.

http://web.rhythmbox.org/development.html is also a decent intro, and so
is the linked IRC discussion.

Now, of course I don't really know what I'm doing here, so please do
point out when I make mistakes.

I'll also apply for GNOME cvs project, and I'll try to keep my mainline
in sync with the CVS repo once that's been set up. Or if the GNOME CVS
project doesn't work out, we'll return the Savannah once it's up and
running again. So once we have one of those working, you can again use
cvs for Straw development too. If this arch thing works out, though, I'd
encourage all of you to use it - it seems to be way neat and the less
I'll have to read back from CVS, the better.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]