straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Re: Eliminate first screen of Subscribe druid?

From: Steven Garrity
Subject: [Straw-devel] Re: Eliminate first screen of Subscribe druid?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:42:49 -0400

I wrote:

The first 'page' of the Subscribe Feed druid has the message: "This druid will guide you to the subscription process. Press the Forward button if you want to continue." Could this not be eliminated and have the druid start right at what is now the second screen "Feed Location"?

Sorry for carrying on a conversation with myself here - but I've since come across what was likely the reasoning for the intro page in the "Subscribe Feeds" wizard: The HIG ask for it (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/windows.html#assistant-windows).

I wonder, though, if a wizard might be overkill for this. The first page is an intro, and the third is a summary/conclusion - leaving only one page with a discrete function. Should this be changed to a 1-page dialog, or is enough more functionality in this wizard coming down the road that it should stay as is?

Steven Garrity