straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] yet another UI layout request

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] yet another UI layout request
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:30:23 +0200

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 22:49, Owen Williams wrote:
> I have a high resolution monitor (1400x1050), and I've found my screen
> has enough space for a browser and a column of something next to it.
> Straw's layout doesn't quite work in this arrangement -- you can't see
> the name of the feed you're reading, only the article list and the
> article itself.  With the release of .22, I finally bit the bullet and
> did a stupid glade hack to make straw look like I wanted:
>
> http://ywwg.com/images/straw-ui.jpg
>
> I don't demand that straw adopt this as the default layout, but it would
> be a nice option.  A feed reader is really not very useful on its own --
> it only makes sense when paired with a browser to read the full versions
> of the links.  So often a feed article goes "..." and you have to bring
> up the full web page to read the actual article.  I like this option
> because it lets me use both apps most efficiently.

I'll take this under consideration. I'm still thinking of implementing
the configurable views at some point; I make no promises of this
actually happening, or happening any time soon, but I think it would be
neat to have a) views that combined data from multiple places into one
b) views with different layouts.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]