straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Re: stop transfer

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: [Straw-devel] Re: stop transfer
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:13:01 +1000

Juri Pakaste <address@hidden> writes:

> Guys, I committed the stop transfer stuff today. I don't trust it very
> much, so please test. Two ways to test it: 1) just use Straw normally
> (it required changes to the stuff in URLFetch.py) 2) try using the stop
> refresh option in the feed popup menu. It's supposed to stop both the
> feed transfer and any image transfers.
>
> Jan, I haven't looked how the SubscribeDialog works these days, but you
> can use either the PollStopper object you get from PollManager.poll or
> the callable you get from ConnectionManager.request to implement the
> stop button. There was a slight change of plans from what we discussed
> on IRC: I didn't want to return the ConsumerAdapter object because the
> stop() method is the only thing that should interest any part of Straw
> outside URLFetch.

I'm not using PollManager since it's too tied up with Feed objects.
SubscribeDialog has two consumers: (1) A wrapper to feedfinder for feed
searching and (2) a summary poller that creates the feed objects for found
feeds. I have to do this since the new feedfinder only returns URLs nowadays,
hence I have to re-poll again to get the payload. If no feed was found, no
Feed objects will be created.

> We should also be able to implement a global stop button; it would
> require iterating through FeedList and calling stop_polling() on each
> feed's router. Or not: in fact, that doesn't deal with categories. We
> should probably store the PollStopper object in OPMLCategorySubscription
> too and add the needed machinery to make it work ok.

That might be a good idea.

Thanks.

Cheers,

--