Re: [STUMP] Mouse mode first shoot

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Mouse mode first shoot
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:20:31 +0100

Shawn Betts writes:

> Philippe Brochard <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi everyboy,
>>
>> Here is a first shoot for the mouse mode :)
>
> This code looks pretty good!
>
> I'll have to give this patch some thought before I put it in CVS. But
> I'm fairly certain its not a bad thing.

Yes, but I think that a better way is to change the
parse-and-run-command function to accept mouse-event (like :frame,
:string...) function insteed of using the global variable
*current-event*.

>> And maybe you'll fall in love again with you mouse :)
>>
>> For me, icewm, sawfish and fvwm are FAR FAR away from stumpwm !!!
>
> far far away in a good way? :)

Oops, I haven't been clear. Yes indeed in a good way:

Icewm and Fvwm can do a lot of things but I find difficult to add some
new features (the rc files are not enought because they're key=value
syntaxe and other things are to be coded in C or with modules).
Sawfish is better because it is written in lisp (but it swap a lot on
my small machine).

Stumpwm is here with ~3000 LOC and it's really easy to add features
(ie mouse) or to make it react as I want (ie: dualscreen).

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <address@hidden>
                      http://hocwp.free.fr