Re: [STUMP] Using third party tools to display strings ?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Using third party tools to display strings ?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:40:40 -0400

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Now that my clisp and stumpwm is right setup, I can use it.
>
> One word first: that rocks hard !
>
> Now the question:
>
>  How can I mimic the good old ratpoison -c echo command in stumpwm ?
>
> I need to do this from my GNU Emacs.

I've added some preliminary code to do this. You can use your
ratpoison binary to send commands to stumpwm. Right now stumpwm only
accepts commands, but that can easily be worked around since there's
an eval command.

The return value is always "TODO" because i haven't finished it. If
it'd work better if nothing was printed you can change it in
core.lisp.

So as an example:

boot stumpwm
open a shell