[STUMP] Re: The mode-line doesn't update properly

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: [STUMP] Re: The mode-line doesn't update properly
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:05:53 -0600

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:
> I just noticed that when the screen is split and unsplit, there is
> still room left for the mode-line, but it is at the top rather than
> the bottom.  If this still happens when I get some free time, I'll
> poke around in the source to see why this happens.

I guess when "only" is called and there is a mode-line, the creation
of the initial frame doesn't take into account where the mode-line
is.  I've included a patch that takes care of this, but the patch also
makes clear I don't know what I'm doing.

On an unrelated note, core.lisp contains the `update-window-border'
function, which includes the comment
 ;; give it a colored border but only if there are more than 1 frames.
However, what happens is that when there is only 1 frame, it gets the
unfocused color.  If coloring the border can't be avoided, wouldn't it
make more sense to give it the focus color in the 1 frame case?

Jay

*** user.lisp.~1.68.~   Tue Dec  5 13:40:36 2006
--- user.lisp   Wed Dec  6 23:54:22 2006
***************
*** 336,343 ****

  (define-stumpwm-command "only" ()
    (let* ((screen (current-screen))
         (group (screen-current-group screen))
!        (frame (make-initial-frame (screen-x screen) (screen-y screen)
                                    (screen-width screen) (screen-height
screen)))
         (win (frame-window (tile-group-current-frame group))))
      (mapc (lambda (w)
--- 336,353 ----

  (define-stumpwm-command "only" ()
    (let* ((screen (current-screen))
+          (ml (screen-mode-line screen))
         (group (screen-current-group screen))
!        (frame (make-initial-frame (screen-x screen)
!                                      (screen-y screen)
!                                      (if (and
!                                           ml
!                                           (eq (mode-line-position ml)
:bottom))
!                                          (true-height
!                                           (mode-line-window
!                                            (screen-mode-line screen)))