Re: [STUMP] [OT] How do you compile clisp correctly ?

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [OT] How do you compile clisp correctly ?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:12:50 +0200

   For the moment I give up compiling stumpwm with CLISP. It's getting
too complex and I have spent too many hours (and days) with that.
   Note that I don't have administrator rights at the computer I use.
Therefore I must install CLISP and then compile cl-ppcre. For that, I
need probably to use MK or ASDF, which are not included in CLISP,
therefore I must compile them too, etc.

   To improve this, I propose: CLISP could include asdf-install by
default (SBCL does that already). Then cl-ppcre could be easily
installed and stumpwm would be easier to compile.

   Added this at the end of
http://stumpwm.antidesktop.net/cgi-bin/wiki/Compiling_CLISP
   with a link about ASDF on Lisps: http://wiki.alu.org/ASDF_Universality

   Now I will go on with SBCL (also difficult to compile...).

   Greetings,

Daniel