Re: [STUMP] stumpwm 100% CPU usage and no modeline

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm 100% CPU usage and no modeline
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:20:00 -0700

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> stumpwm is taking up 100% CPU on my machine.  What can I do to debug
> this?  I'm running under SBCL, and my setup is very unremarkable, the
> only slightly questionable piece is the keypress notification at the
> end.  I've removed all the define-key calls, and I have 9 groups
> (started with gnewbg).

I would recommend starting X but not starting stumpwm. You can start
an xterm instead to keep X running. Then from a console load sbcl,
asdf, then asdf load stumpwm, then start stumpwm with
(stumpwm::stupmwm ":0"). Then switch to X, get stumpwm spinning,
switch back to the console, hit C-c to drop to the debugger and type
backtrace to get a backtrace. then send that backtrace here.

If anyone knows a better way to get such a backtrace, I'd love to hear it.

> Also, I don't see the modeline all the time.  What do I need to do to
> get it permanently displayed?

C-t ; mode-line should bring it up. That doesn't work for you?

-Shawn