[STUMP] Overriding automatic resizing?

From: Joeli Hokkanen
Subject: [STUMP] Overriding automatic resizing?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:11:55 +0300

Hello,

I recently moved from Ratpoison to StumpWM, and so far it's been a great
experience, save for one thing.

I use wine from time to time, mostly to play games like Warcraft III and
such.
For this reason I have set wine to use a 800x600 virtual desktop from
winecfg.
This worked fine on Ratpoison, but with StumpWM the virtual desktop is
automatically resized to be as big (or small) as the frame it is ran from.

This is a great feature for normal applications that do not require
specific
resolution, but when trying to play anything, the games usually crash since
they
can't run on resolutions like 900x900.

Is there any way to tell StumpWM *not* to force the resize of wine's
virtual
desktop? It worked fine on Ratpoison without any special tweaks.

Also, I couldn't find any information if Xft is supported on StumpWM's
mode-line, the pop-ups and such. I also tried to give some Xft fonts to the
set-font function, but it didn't seem to work. So is this possible? If yes,
how?

Thanks,
Joeli