Re: [STUMP] Colon command to start up programming environment

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Colon command to start up programming environment
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:40:23 -0700

"Johan Andersson" <address@hidden> writes:

> I actually tried that by looking at the sample that follows the source. But
> it didn't
> seem to work in my case. Or I didn't understand how to use it.
>
> For example. I work a lot with Rails. So I want four URxvt terminals in one
> group and
> then Emacs and Firefox in another group. I couldn't figure out how to specify
> that URxvt
> should be opened in frames 0 to 3.

I think the thing to do is to run 4 rxvts and give them each different
titles, then write rules to match each title.

> I also tried with dump-window-placement-rules, but that only gave me a file
> containing

You need to first run the command remember to make a generic placement
rule for the current window. Do this on the windows you want to
remember, then run dump-window-placement-rules.

-Shawn