Re: [STUMP] Erratic Input Focus

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Erratic Input Focus
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:08:08 +0100

> Symptom: When I select-window stumwm correctly switches to the desired
> window but keyboard input does not work (i.e. I cannot type).

No idea, anyone? Probably related: after I split windows (vsplit/hsplit)
I can double click the other window; sometimes that does change the
focus (and »Current Frame« is displayed in the other window), sometimes
it doesn't. What could be responsible?

For example, I have firefox and emacs side by side. Emacs has the focus.
If I click the firefox window, the focus changes (and stumpwm displays
»current frame«). Now firefox has the focus. Clicking the emacs frame
does *not* change the focus. However, emacs still responds to mouse
clicks (e.g. opens a file in dired or scrolls a buffer); nevertheless,
the focus remains in the other buffer, in this case firefox.

--
Viele Grüße,
Flo