Re: [STUMP] Is there a more user oriented stump group

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Is there a more user oriented stump group
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:14:34 -0600

David Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think I notice my .Xdefault/.Xresources files being ignored.
>
> Put "xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources" in your ~/.Xsession or whatever script
> is run when you start an X session.

Thanks.  But let me report that the problem I posted about was of my
own making.  I had stuff in an .xbindkeysrc file that was
overshadowing the stuff in .Xdefaults.  Commands of the sort:

  emacs -fn 9x15 -geometry 75x30  etc etc.

Over riding better font choices in .Xdefaults/.Xresources

Once I called those tools by hand I see the .Xdefaults were honored.