Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 19:24:33 +0200

(Sorry for the delay)

Shawn Betts <address@hidden> writes:

> If I understand correctly, your PATH environment variable is set
> properly to include the directory with your own executables but stumpw
> fails to tab complete them?

Right.

> Can you tell me what lisp you built stumpwm with and what version
> you're using?

0. I use SBCL 1.0.18.debian
1. I pulled the latest stumpwm from the git repo
2. I built it with autoconf & ./configure & make & make install
3. I use ~/.xsession : exec /usr/loca/bin/stumpwm

> Also can you post the output of C-t : (getenv "PATH"). Use
> copy-last-message to copy it into the clipboard.

(I get a "The function copy-last-message is undefined" error)

But (getenv PATH) returns the paths and they look fine (i.e. they
include my ~/bin/ directory.)

> Next can you do an ls -l on the dir with your executables in it.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 guerry guerry 381 mai  6 02:15 my_commit_repos.sh

> And finally, can you give an example of an executable that stumpwm
> won't tab complete?

my_commit_repos.sh

> If you've already figured it out, I'd be curious to hear what the
> problem was.

Yeah.  So do I.  :)

One thingy: I first installed cl-ppcre via asdf-install, but I couldn't
compile stumpwm until I installed cl-ppcre via apt-get.  So maybe there
is something about my SBCL install that doesn't know about my home?

Thanks for trying to debug this.

--
 Bastien