Re: [STUMP] run-or-raise in float group

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] run-or-raise in float group
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:47:43 -0700

2010/5/17 Suresh Kumar <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I get errors when I run-or-raise windows located in float group. Any
> work around/fix?

run-or-raise only works in the tiling group. However, It could be made
to work in both if there was interest. I recall not thinking it would
make sense in a float group, but of course it does.

> Example:
>
> I have this defined in my .stumpwmrc
>
> ,----
> | (defcommand gotosandbox  () ()
> |   (run-or-raise
> |    "urxvt -title sandbox -cd /games/tools/ -e sudo ./g2s"
> |    '(:title "sandbox" :instance "urxvt" :class "URxvt"))
> |    :all-screens t
> |    :all-groups t)
> `----

Commands can be defined to only work in certain groups. So you might
want to change it to:

(defcommand (gotosandbox tile-group) () () ...)

-Shawn