Re: [STUMP] stumpish changes for non-GNU systems

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpish changes for non-GNU systems
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:11:44 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 01:24:04AM +0400, Anonymous wrote:
> >> While porting the script to FreeBSD I've made a few changes.
> >> Can someone test them on non-ancient Linux?

This:

# parse C-style backslash sequences by default
if [ "$(echo -e foo)" = foo ]; then
    echo() { builtin echo -e "$@"; }
fi

Seems to interact badly with the sed calls in wait_result (which I
believe are intended to deal with literal \ns).

For example:

address@hidden:~$ stumpish
Welcome to the STUMPwm Interactive SHell.
Type commands for a list of commands.
> echo "hello"
"hello\

This displays correctly as "hello" without the above.

Thanks, Ben