Re: [STUMP] Log file

From: Rolland Santimano
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Log file
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:57:53 +0530

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Paulo J. Matos <address@hidden> wrote:

> As I move from the git version of stumpwm to the package shipped with
> Ubuntu Maverick I run into trouble simply because stumpwm just doesn't
> want to start. I start it from GDM and start fails and I go back to
> GDM. Is there any way to check what's going on? Does stumpwm write any
> log file anywhere that I can look at to know what's the problem?

Try "startx -- :1" from the text console, stumpwm startup will log
some output there.

stumpwm fails to start in Ubuntu Lucid due to issues with cl-asdf/cl-ppcre:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cl-asdf/+bug/573243
This has been fixed in Debian, but I'm not sure if it has been pulled
into Maverick
(I'm running stumpwm by keeping these package at Hardy versions, even
after upgrading to Lucid.)

--
Rolland