Re: [STUMP] group-format-map and window-format-map

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] group-format-map and window-format-map
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:03:42 +0100

Hi Matt,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 08:29:58PM -0700, Matt Spear wrote:
> Sorry for the extreme delay, a mixture of many things came up.  I've
> finally gotten the correct logic into the window-number type.  I kept
> the window-map-number returning the elt, I'm not sure which is better.

-                                (mapcar 'prin1-to-string
-                                        (mapcar 'window-number
-                                                (group-windows
(current-group))))))))
+                                (mapcar 'window-map-number
+                                        (group-windows (current-group)))))))

I've noticed that this still needs a conversion to string to avoid
breaking completion.  So again, could either do this in
window-map-number/group-map-number (I'm leaning towards this), or
something like:

                                (mapcar (lambda (g) (princ-to-string
(window-map-number g)))
                                        (group-windows (current-group)))))))

+      (let ((win (find n (group-windows (current-group))
+                        :test #'string=
+                        :key (lambda (w) (princ-to-string (window-map-number
w))))))
+        (if win
+          (window-number win)
+          (throw 'error "No Such Window."))))))

Minor point: this can be more succinctly expressed as:

      (or (find n (group-windows (current-group))
                :test #'string=
                :key (lambda (w) (princ-to-string (window-map-number w))))
          (throw 'error "No Such Window.")))))

Ben