[STUMP] Wildcards in Frame Preference Rules

From: Trevor Murphy
Subject: [STUMP] Wildcards in Frame Preference Rules
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:09:49 -0500

Hi, List. I'm getting into Lisp hacking in general, and Stump in
particular, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to solve
this problem.

I have an "Office" group that I use for certain programs. It's been
fairly easy to set the frame preferences for whole programs, e.g.
Libreoffice.

However, I also want certain PDFs to open in the Office group. But I
don't want all PDFs to go straight to that group.

I'm using evince as my pdf viewer, so that's what this example will use.

I tried some variants on the following:

(define-frame-preference "Office"
  ;; frame raise lock (lock AND raise == jumpto)
  (0 t t :class "libreoffice-writer")
  (0 t t :class "libreoffice-calc")
  (0 t t :class "Evince" :title "SomeRelevantPrefix*"))

As you may find if you test that yourself, it doesn't work. If I try
to run this:
$ evince SomeRelevantPrefixToMyDocument &

I get a "Failed to get bus connection: Error connecting: Connection
refused" error.

What am I doing wrong here? Can I do pattern matching of some sort in
frame preference rules?

Thanks,
Trevor