[STUMP] Contrib: amixer.lisp broken?

From: Johnny Carlsson
Subject: [STUMP] Contrib: amixer.lisp broken?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:01:08 +0200

Hi,

While trying to set-up the amixer.lisp module in the contrib directory to
enable direct audiocontrol from stumpwm to amixer I found it wouldn't work as
expected. Basically, I needed to amend a % sign in the functions used, e.g.
modifying

(defvolcontrol amixer-Master-1- "Master" "1-")

(defvolcontrol amixer-Master-1- "Master" "1%-")

to make it work.

It seems there is a regex in the code however that should insert this though
sed, but I cannot code lisp and am not sure of the escape characters expansion,
so am unable to decipher/debug this.

There is also a note in the TODO of the file to accept the volume control step
as a parameter, which I think is a great idea! For now, I created identical
functions to use 5% steps as well, but this would be nicer to define in
.stumpwmrc.

Does anyone else have the same experience and would it be easy to fix the issue
(if it indeed is one at all)?

Stumpwm 0.9.7.80, amixer 1.0.24.1

Cheers,

Johnny