Re: [STUMP] Multitouch in StumpWM

From: Alexander Popolitov
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Multitouch in StumpWM
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 23:21:06 +0000

On 12/06/2013 10:12 PM, J. David Smith wrote:
I am. I have a tablet that I've looked at converting into a mini linux box and was wondering if a solution like this existed.

So now I've read through Peter Hutterer's blog, where he explains, how to get multitouch events from C code, but I'm rather confused.
As far as I understand, StumpWM listens to events from X server using CLX library, and then dispatches those events to opened windows.
From that I'd expect, that CLX would be heavily using FFI's to call C-functions, but the only C-related code there seems to be in the socket.c file.
And absence of touch* events in CLX's DECLARE-EVENT macros seems to indicate, that there's no multitouch support already in CLX.

So:
1) does event-dispatching indeed occur like this (X server -> StumpWM -> windows), or windows receive events somehow directly from X?
2) How does CLX manage to avoid all this fuss with FFI-ying bunch of C-functions? Perhaps, it's using some yet more lower-level API?