Re: [STUMP] New Manual hosted on stumpwm.github.io

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [STUMP] New Manual hosted on stumpwm.github.io
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 05:54:12 -0700

But I liked the garish look :(

I thought I'd share a few of my reasons why just so you can be aware.
I realize these are very subjective and people will disagree about
them. I'm not trying to argue that I'm right and anyone else should
agree with me. I'm totally fine with it looking the way you like since
you've been putting in the work. I can always use my own stylesheet.
These are just FYIs.

- I like the way links look in the old version. It's obvious what is a
link and what isn't a link without hovering over the text. Blue and
purple texts are links. I also like how much clearer it is what links
you've already visited--they're purple. In your version the contrast
between visited and not-visited is very slight.
- I don't like the all caps. I find it harder to read. I find it
particularly annoying on the table of contents where you want to be
able to scan the sections quickly and identify which might relate to
your issue.
- I don't like how it's centered and narrow. I often read at 300% zoom
(when far away from my screen, admittedly not the typical use case)
and I like how the old one filled the window correctly at varying zoom
levels. I realize that at 100% zoom with a wide window the old version
would create very long lines. This didn't bother me, but I can
understand that it would bother other people.
- If there's a way to make Contents be in the same font as TOP and
INDEX that would be nice :)

Thanks again David for all you're doing for StumpWM!
Scott