Re: [STUMP] Possible bug with C-ae as a prefix-key

From: Jón Gunnar Þorsteinsson
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Possible bug with C-ae as a prefix-key
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:02:28 +0000

Hi David,

and thanks for your reply.

My keyboard is:

,----
| XKBMODEL="pc105"
| XKBLAYOUT="is"
| XKBVARIANT=""
| XKBOPTIONS=""
`----
(/etc/default/keyboard)

So the letter 'æ' is placed on my keyboard, on the right, next to
'l'. I don't need a modifier key to insert á literal 'æ'

And it works fine setting it as a prefix key this way: C-ae - in stumpwm, except
when I try to send C-a (not C-ae) to Emacs.

In that case I have to type "C-ae ae" - and that sends, what I normally
do with only C-a in Emacs.

I tried to use a literal æ in my config but then Stumpwm replies with:

,----
| Failed to parse key string: "C-æ"
`----

I saw here:

https://github.com/stumpwm/cl-xkeysym/blob/master/keysyms.lisp

that the keycode 47 is ae:

,----
| (define-keysym #x00e6 "ae") ;U+00E6 LATIN SMALL LETTER AE
`----

By the way, I have used C-ae in Ratpoison and it works fine there:

,----
| escape C-ae
`----

In Ratpoison I can use keycode 47 as a prefix - and C-a works fine in
Emacs.

I would be grateful if this could be solved. Is this the right place
to open an issue?

https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/issues

--
Kind regards,
Jón Gunnar

Þann  1.12.2014 skrifaði David Bjergaard: