[STUMP] better windowlist

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: [STUMP] better windowlist
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 23:12:11 +0200

I use the windowlist function to switch between windows in stumpwm.

But it is just not on par with even the normal buffer switch-to-buffer
function/command in emacs, so I hope there is a way to make it better.

1. when I use switch-to-buffer in emacs automaticly the last buffer is
selected so with C-x b (default bindings) and <RET> I can fast switch
between 2 buffers, would love to have that in stumpwm.

2. emacs switch-to-buffer hides buffers that does not match the letters
given in, makes seeing when you can type enter much easier.

3. emacs s-t-b resorts the buffers to what matches best your search
string

4. I dont get why stumpwm opens buffers(in stump windows) in the
position it was opened even it was not visible, makes more sense to open
that "buffer" over the "buffer" I just have focused.

5. bonus points for a fuzzy (smex) search that is more powerful then a
normal search to select a window with the name 'A - address@hidden@#$ - B'
with A B search string when 'A - ' and ' - B' alone is not unique.