Re: Replacing ratpoison by stumpwm in fedora group package basic-desktop

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: Re: Replacing ratpoison by stumpwm in fedora group package basic-desktop-environment
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 21:31:08 -0400

I believe rat poison is maintained and we exist in parallel. We don’t replace rat poison even though we share a common history of developers.

    David

On May 24, 2020, at 12:56 PM, MontaroPDF <r.everaert@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

While working on ansible playbooks to automate the setup of some parts of my personal configuration, I notice that in fedora, the group package basic-desktop-environment contains ratpoison.

If I am not mistaken, ratpoison is the ancestor of StumpWM and is not maintain actively, isn't it.

So, maybe, one could see with the fedora maintainer to replace ratpoison with StumpWM.

What would be necessary to reach such goal?

Regards,

Roland Everaert
---
Use the F.O.S.S., Luke