summer-of-code

Re: please add LilyPond to GNU GSoC umbrella

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: please add LilyPond to GNU GSoC umbrella
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:07:48 +0100

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden> wrote:
>    LilyPond application was rejected.  We'd like to be added back to GNU
>    umbrella; i understand that i should add our Ideas to wiki
>    http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_application_for_Summer_of_Code_2012
>    *and* mail them on this list - shall they be formatted in any way?
>    HTML or something?
>
> For the project (GNU lilypond) we need a name, a description and a
> contact email address.  If you have an existing ideas page then just
> tell us the url and we will link to it.  Otherwise please send us (to
> this very list) the following information for each idea/project:  a
> title and a description.  We also need a list of hackers (name, email)
> willing to mentor Lilypond projects.

Here you are:

GNU LilyPond (http://www.lilypond.org)

LilyPond is a music engraving program, devoted to producing the
highest-quality sheet music possible.  It is somewhat similar to TeX -
user describes the music using a high level description input, which
is processed with LilyPond to produce a pdf file.  Languages used:
mostly C++, Scheme and Python.

Ideas Page:
http://www.lilypond.org/gsoc.html

mentors' emails: