summer-of-code

Re: GNU accepted as an org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU accepted as an org
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 13:36:21 +0100

address@hidden (Jose E. Marchesi) skribis:

> For each participating GNU software we need an entry like this (recutils
> records please) sent to this mailing list:

Name: dmd
+ execution of system services, replacing similar functionality found in typical
+ init systems.  It provides dependency-handling through a convenient interface
+ and is based on GNU Guile.  It is used as PID 1 in the GuixSD distribution.
Contact: address@hidden

Name: guix
+ system, used as the basis of the Guix System Distribution (GuixSD).
+ Besides the usual package management features, it also supports
+ transactional upgrades and roll-backs, per-user profiles, and much more.
+ It is based on the Nix package
+ manager.
Contact: address@hidden

Ludo’.