summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] GSoc2020 android projects

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: [gnu-soc] GSoc2020 android projects
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 18:28:34 +0100

Am 22.02.2020 um 18:00 schrieb address@hidden:
> Hello, all the respected mentors. I am Kanika Aggarwal (Android
> developer). I am looking for some android projects from this
> organization. I am not able to figure out projects related to android.
> Can you please help me out?.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration
>
> Kanika Aggarwal

Another project that was suggested before but is not on the GSOC list is
to provide a free GCC-providing "app" to be able to compile and run any
"C/C++" program without root access.

If you know how to do stuff like that I'd also be available to mentor
you providing GnuCOBOL (needs an underlying C compiler + GMP/MPIR +
optional libraries) as "app" (GnuCOBOL is not regularly tested on
Android but was running there bug-free before; necessary patches for
GnuCOBOL could either come from you or myself).
Beware: I only have a rough knowledge of Android and zero about the
different marketplaces other than "use", therefore I can mostly mentor
by code/UI review.

Simon