sv-migration

[Sv-migration] Re: [Savane-dev] Re: Security report of GForge 3.3

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: [Sv-migration] Re: [Savane-dev] Re: Security report of GForge 3.3
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:56:09 +0200

Le mar 13/04/2004 à 12:16, Elfyn McBratney a écrit :

> On Tuesday 13 Apr 2004 08:51, Christian BAYLE wrote:
> > Maybe you should add in your report that gforge is running on tens of
> > publicly available sites on the internet, gforge was security audited
> > several times, that alioth.debian.org was not compromized, when Debian
> > was attacked, and that you didn't provide any exploit.
> >
> > Personnally I find that savane and gforge should merge, savannah to
> > gforge migration will just prove it's possible.
>
> That would be very nice indeed, and I agree with you.  Perhaps this can be
> discussed?  I don't know.

Always ready to discuss savannah and gforge merge, I ported savannah
themes to debian-sf, continued in gforge.
I discussed many time about what we could share, but this was not a
priority, even for translation system savannah introduced, where
savannah team prefered to retranslate all.

To be clear savannah forked sourceforge code at 2.0 version.
Since this time was published sourceforge 2.5 and 2.6.1+ was the last
known cvs we started from (All this is GPLed).
There are migrations scripts to go from 2.0 to 2.5 database.

There is an upgrade script that can smootly upgrade a sourceforge db
from 2.5 to 2.6 to gforge all versions.

Would probably be more interesting to integrate proper project
export/import facility to gforge and savane so the project can move
across plateforms and servers, but it will probably be faster to make db
upgrade, execpt if savane hakers are interested in this, may be?

Christian