swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] Google Summer of Code

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Google Summer of Code
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:22:00 -0600

Bill Northcott wrote:
IMO we need Rails to communicate with the browser/XULrunner whatever, which may not be on the computer running Swarm, but perhaps since Rails and the Swarm model are on the same host, using http is unnecessary. Maybe we could use something like:
http://zeropluszero.com/software/rpc/
Yeah, the Swarm XML RPC code doesn't itself implement HTTP, so to do that would mean (I suppose) adapting for use as an Apache module or something like that. Sounds like something lower-level is called for on the Ruby side.